Virtual Lab on Metal Forming Simulations using AFDEX
- By Nethra Santhosh
- 0 Comments
Virtual Lab – hands on experience of Forging Simulations using AFDEX – Bulk Metal Forming Software
AFDEX is a general-purpose metal forming simulator, which meets the following requirements for intelligent bulk-metal- forming (BMF) simulation (BMFS):
- Solutions should be accurate, and volume loss or change due to the numerical schemes and procedures should be minimized and acceptable.
- Intelligent meshing or remeshing capabilities should minimize solution inaccuracies during remeshing and smoothing state variables.
- Optimized or adaptive meshing density capabilities should be adopted to obtain a solution within a reasonable computational time and without solution inaccuracy. Also, one should be able to successfully mesh complex geometries.
- Characteristic boundaries (or edges) and workpiece-die interface boundaries should be accurately traced during simulation and remeshing to minimize changes in the boundary value problem due to remeshing.
- Multi-stage BMF processes (especially multi-stage forging processes) should be simulated automatically to reduce the total simulation time (including both computational time and user processing time between the stages).
- The simulator should be convenient and user friendly
This course aims to cover the fundamentals of Metal Forming Simulation, with practical case studies; Participants will be given hands on experience on different Forming Simulations using AFDEX – Bulk Metal Forming Simulation Software